Monday, February 2, 2009

In Memory of Kleo



So this will probably be old news for some who read this, but I'm still super sad about the situation, and want to make mention of it. My beloved rat, Kleo, passed away shortly after Christmas.
I'm pretty sure my pets should never die. Otherwise I'm a wimp for a couple days after. Kleo was my first real pet to die. I mean, whenever other pets had passed on, it had always been while I was still at home with my parents, so I never had the horrible sadness that I had to deal with and feel that Monday night. Kleo also represented the time in my life where I "converted" back to following the gospel, and getting back on track with what I knew was right (I got him not too long after I moved back to Spokane, WA from Orem, UT). I miss my baby boy, and it is still a touchy subject.
I decided that this was one of the worst holiday seasons ever though. One of my good friends had two of her guyfriends pass away in a horrible accident on Christmas Eve morning. One had only been married for four months. A couple in our ward had a good friend die from brain cancer the next week. A lady I work with had her puppy that she had only had for a year die right in front of her. Another lady I work with lost her husky that she had had for 9 years. I just hope our kitties stay nice and healthy. I don't know what I would do without them.

1 comment:

Jami said...

wow, your rat was small at one point. i love the top picture. and yep i would agree about this being the worst holiday season but what can you do... bytheway you're such a sweetheart!