Sunday, April 19, 2009

April Showers

I am so excited that we are in April! I always look forward to the weather warming up, and seeing the first several days in a row of spring weather. However, I keep forgetting that I am in Logan, UT. Which is why we had snow less than a week ago. And the last couple days have been beautiful and sunny! I've been waiting for this kind of weather! Winter lasts way too long here. I switched out my winter and summer clothes around the beginning of the month, and have had a couple days where I've really missed my winter jacket. Oh well, it's finally getting warm! Just cross your fingers that the warm weather is here to stay!

I am so happy to have our kitties. I don't know what I would do without them! I'm pretty sure I would be "baby-hungry", especially with EVERYONE having babies either soon, or finding out that they are preggo. Thing is, I'm glad that I'm not. I am LOVING the life that Bryan and I have together. We have been keeping plenty busy with work, and for Bryan, his homework. Is that bad to say? It's not that I'm anti having kids, I'm just not ready. I know I'll be excited when the time comes for us, but why rush? Once you start, there's no stopping or going back : )

Conference this spring was awesome as usual. I stayed awake for almost all of it! I only missed an hour, because I was on the verge of falling asleep sitting on the couch. But I came up with a good idea this time. I decided to do something during conference, to keep myself busy and awake. Hah, I feel like such a horrible person for saying that I fall asleep during conference. But you know, when you sit down on a comfy couch, and try to watch these amazing men and women speak with such comforting voices, I really just can't help but close my eyes. This most recent conference weekend, however, I decided to keep myself busy. I put together a puzzle. I LOVE puzzles to start with, and Bry and I have several to do! After finding out that I would be doing the puzzle on my own, I decided to do a smaller, 500 piece one. It ended up keeping me busy for almost all 8 hours of conference! It was a painting, which I came to realize are much harder to do than regular photos. But, here is proof that I was able to pull it off!

Easter this year was fun as usual. I was wanting to stay home, and spend it with our friends who are moving in a couple weeks, as they were also spending the weekend just the two of them, due to the husbands' homework load. Luckily, there was a slight miscommunication, and we ended up going to Salt Lake, and spending time with my awesome in-laws! I say "luckily", because Bryan had received a call, asking if we would speak in church on Sunday. Hah! Good thing my husband is so smart and amazing : ) We ended up having a super fun time with the family, and celebrating my youngest sister-in-law's 16th birthday!
We also had a chance to check out my parent-in-laws future house (it is a model house too), and their dirt, as well as my brother- and sister-in-laws dirt for their new home. I have some pictures of the awesome-ness of my inlaws' modelhome basement. I think it gave Bryan some ideas of how part of our future basement will be. I'll fill in later about our house situation. Check out the awesome pictures though!

No comments: