Sunday, May 10, 2009

Baby Cows!

On Sunday, April 26th, our cousins Kent & Lieren Hansen blessed their adorable baby boy, Samuel. He has lots of hair, and is such a cutie! Of course, being me, I didn't take any pictures of that. Instead, I took pictures, and had Bryan take pictures out on the farm, after the luncheon after church. I've really been wanting to feed a baby cow (and some day a baby horse, and other cute animals!), and had my chance! Our cousin was out feeding the babies, so Bry and I headed out. I got to feed one with a bottle, as it had been sick, and is a little bit behind. It wasn't quite as exciting as I had hoped, but it was still fun, and I can now say that I've done it : ) The rest of the baby cows got buckets to drink their milk out of. It was really funny, cause they had milk all over their faces, and afterwards, they would suck each others faces to try to get all the milk off of their neighbor.


A couple of the baby cows were determined to get every last drop of milk out of their buckets. It was very entertaining. Probably because this was my first time watching baby cows drink milk... I'm sure not everyone finds it as funny as I did. : )


I decided that I really don't think I want a cow anymore. So we can take that animal off the list for our future zoo. I guess if we get them young enough, and make them not hate people, it would be okay. But none of the babies wanted me to touch them. I just wanted to pet them! They're so cute when they are little! The one I fed was around 12 days old or so. The ONLY baby cow that would let me pet it without freaking out was a cute little baby that was only 5 days old. It was also nice enough to slime my pants, my hand, and the sleeve of my jacket. But that's okay. It let me pet it. And amazingly enough, baby cows are really soft! They aren't so much when they get bigger, and I just figured they wouldn't be when they were smaller either. Guess I learned a couple new things that day : )


Aww, sweet baby cow!

No comments: